 |
| Christmas 2017 (Photo Credit: J&R Webber) |
On December 28, 2017, we went in for our weekly ultrasound to check on the CCAM. I was 33 weeks and 1 day along. We had Caroline with us since she was out of school and she enjoyed watching her little brother on the screen and the tech was helpful in telling her what she was seeing. The tech said she was having a hard time getting a good shot and had me flip back and forth from one side to the other. Christopher was breech so his lungs were located right under my belly button, which in the ultrasound world is the worst place for taking pictures, due to shadows. She called in another tech and both of them worked together for a good shot. 45 minutes later they were done and we waited to hear from the doctor. This doctor was a naturally upbeat kind of doctor who could deliver serious news with a hopeful smile. Sometimes when he was extra upbeat, bad news would accompany it. So, when he came in with a smile, I didn’t know what to expect. He sat down and told us, “The mass is gone.” He looked at Caroline and said, “Have you been praying for your little brother? Well, God answered your prayers!” He explained that both techs could not find a trace of the mass in Christopher’s lungs. Hesitant, we smiled and nodded, honestly not knowing exactly what to think. I didn’t want to get my hopes up, in case they just didn’t get a good picture and maybe it would show back up next week. The nurse in the room could sense our hesitation and pulled us aside when the doctor left. She said, “One of those techs is the best MFM ultrasound tech in the region, if she is saying that she didn’t find anything, you can be confident it isn’t there.” Again, we were shocked, thankful, still hesitant, but at the same time in awe. “Is it really gone?” we wondered.
 |
Always fun to be pregnant together -
especially when the babies will be cousins! (Photo Credit: J&R Webber) |
That Saturday, December 30thwe went out for breakfast at The Coffee Shoppe. I can vividly remember sitting down at a booth and ordering. Caroline wanted to go watch the food being made at the counter, so Kevin went up and sat with her. I can still remember looking down at my belly with a very active baby inside, just staring, wondering what he was doing, when we would meet him, and loving that I could distinctively see the kicks, head butts and punches that I was feeling on the inside. I also remember thinking to myself, “I think this is the last day I will be wearing these maternity pants, they are feeling a little too tight.” The rest of the day, I just remember being extra tired and Kevin and I both remember that Caroline was really accommodating to us, more so than normal. Right before we went to bed that night, around 11 pm or so, I remember telling Kevin, “I guess we won’t be having a 2017 baby, no signs of labor yet.”
 |
| All the grandkids on my side of the family plus 2 on the way! (Photo Credit: J&R Webber) |
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer"
Romans 12:12
No comments:
Post a Comment