Well, since last night ended at 1:30 am, this morning, for me, Valentine's Day started early. Clipping coupons and getting ready for my monthly shopping trip. No, I don't only go shopping once a month! Once a month, I make a list of all the things that we will need for dinners and buy them all at once. Meats, cheeses, spices, pantry items, etc. plus whatever else we happen to need at that time, all in a day's shopping trip.
So, Caroline woke up bright and early at 7:00 am, so I got myself ready, get her ready and headed downstairs to a special surprise from Kevin ....
The mug with candies was from Caroline and the Conversation Hearts (which are my absolute FAVORITE candy in the whole wide world) were from Kevin! Needless to say, this Mommy's heart was touched!
Then, Caroline and I headed out to the Farmer's Market and Commissary. We went as fast as we could since we both were feeling under the weather and the weather wasn't too great outside. So, off we go and 2 hours later we were back and Daddy just happened to be home to help unload the groceries from the car! He is my sweetheart and I love him so much :)
So, while Caroline took her nap, I cut-up, wrapped, foiled and labeled 4-weeks worth of meat and arranged it in the deep freezer. Then, when Caroline woke up from her nap we watched Sesame Street and colored a Valentine for Daddy! Caroline is learning to color with crayons and not eat them ... a big step for a toddler :)
The cutest part was, when Kevin came home from work, Caroline was standing in the living room holding her card with a BIG smile on her face to show her Daddy! If I knew it would have timed out so perfectly, I would have taken a picture of it, it was priceless... maybe next time!
Kevin took us out to Jason's Deli for dinner and a couple stops on the way home. One stop was especially for his other little Valentine, a very special treat ...
Caroline LOVES balloons!
Whether they are in a store or in a book, she just loves to point and giggle! So, she had the best time hugging, tugging and simply loving her special gift from her Daddy. She even chased the cat around the living room with it :)
A good day was had by all!
Love is so precious ♥ and oh what a joy to share it! (.... especially with the little cute ones!! ;)
ReplyDelete