Over the last few days, I remembered that about this time last year I had taken some videos of Caroline and thought 'wouldn't it be neat to compare and see how she has grown?!' So, me being me, I had to see the exact date of the videos last year and make sure I got them on the same date this year. Figuring out last night that Dec. 6th was the day last year, I geared up and had the camera ready to get a good video. So, the day started with me trying to position Caroline in the same rocker. Come to find out, this now 16 month old DID NOT want to sit there, so onto ... let's fix her hair cute! My idea obviously wasn't her idea, so although I got her hair just right, by the time she was in her high chair it was pulling to fussing to Mommy not very happy.... so gone with the cute hair-do! I believe this was one of those precious moments when parent's learn that although we get to be in charge, it doesn't mean that we always get to have our way. Little did I know what I was going to actually get :) Hope you enjoy!
Here is our little sunshine at 4 months old last year on December 6, 2010
At lunch, Kevin brought Caroline down from her room since she was not wanting to take a nap. Since we needed to go to the Commissary, I set her in her high chair and gave her a little snack to hold her over until we got home. Kevin was sitting at the other end of the table, so we got this video today of our little-bit-bigger sunshine at 16-months old .... December 6, 2011
When we came back from the Commissary, Caroline had another snack while I put the groceries away. She was talking and playing and having a good time, then all of the sudden I noticed it got real quiet. So, I grabbed the camera once again and got a few last little moments!
Now, she is sleeping soundly up in her crib, and I must make up for all of the things that I didn't get done this morning! Caroline, once again, was able to bring sunshine to this cloudy, rainy Alabama day :) Hope you enjoyed a little peak of the 6th of December at the Henderson House!
Kelly - this was a great post...thanks for the videos. Can't wait to see all you in a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteLoved the last video :) so I'm thinking about talking to my almost 8 year old in the same voice you use to talk to C. Wonder how that will go?? :) they grow up sooo fast!
ReplyDelete